Welcome, I’m Craig Sigl the Mental Toughness Trainer. I have personally worked with thousands of professional and amateur athletes on the mental side of their game. I am the creator of 7 mental toughness programs sold in 28 countries and write to over 16,000 athletes in my newsletter and blogs. I have over 3000 clients worldwide from United Arab Emirates to Ireland and all over the United States using my programs and services.
I also have been featured on NBC’s Evening Show on TV, written about in major newspapers, and interviewed on numerous radio programs.
At the Mental Toughness Academy, we believe mental toughness is when you are confident, focused, determined and resilient -especially under pressure. This is the champion mindset that we teach youth athletes!
Having worked over 8 years one-on-one with athletes, I learned what are the biggest issues they face, what causes them fear and stress and how to talk to them so they are open to listen and learn.
I am very passionate about helping kids transform their lives! I spent over a year taking the best of my tools and techniques and put them into a video program designed specifically for kids.
The online training program I created consists of 24 videos and 8 guided visualizations in an exclusive membership site that athletes can watch anytime and anywhere on their cellphones or ipods. The training can be done at the athletes own pace and watched anytime or anywhere on their computer, cellphone or ipod.
Kids learn most efficiently from experience-based learning. This means stories filled with vivid details that engage their imagination and activates their brains.
Our videos are filled with exciting and motivating stories of athletes pulled from movie clips, antidotes of professional players and motivating tales of kids their own age, as well as stories from Craig’s one-on-one work with athletes.
Another important component to successful learning is “doing”. We create the “doing” by giving them fun exercises to complete and asking them engaging questions to get them thinking and applying the lessons to their own lives.
They will walk away from this training feeling empowered with tools they can use to master any pressure and overcome their fears or anxiety.
We want to help as many athletes as possible, and we’d love your help. If you know an athlete who needs help, we’d love to pay you a referral fee for bringing them to us. If that interests you, click here.
Here is a quick description of what they will learn each week…
1.1 MENTAL TOUGHNESS IS BOUNCING BACK
1.2 IF YOU BELIEVE, YOU CAN ACHIEVE
1.3 YOUR UNLIMITED POTENTIAL
1.4 PROGRAM YOUR MIND LIKE A COMPUTER TO GET WHAT YOU WANT
1.5 TEEN ATHLETE SUCCESS STORIES
1.6 INSPIRATIONAL SUPPORTING VIDEOS
- How to create an unshakeable belief in yourself and your ability to succeed at anything.
- Blasting through the ceiling of what you think you are capable of to dramatically improve your skills.
- How to tap into the 90% mind power that everyone says we don’t use to create robotically- consistent peak performances.
- A quick exercise to develop the ability to “trust” your body to perform under pressure.
2.1 THE POWER OF DECISION & DECLARATION
2.2 TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE
2.3 HOW TO INCREASE MOTIVATION
2.4 WHAT TO FOCUS ON TO GET PEAK PERFORMANCE
- How to fully utilize the power of DECISION and COMMITMENT to push through barriers and obstacles.
- How to flip the switch of empowerment and stop being a victim of your past mistakes.
- Most young athletes make this one common mistake that drastically reduces their chances of winning. In the 4th video, you will learn my #1 most dynamic strategy for directing the mind to create that winning performance.
- My top 3 potent strategies to turbo-charge motivation in even the laziest of athletes.
- A ridiculously effective tool for destroying procrastination once and for all.
- One simple 3-word phrase that keeps an athlete from getting distracted and focused on the task at hand. This concept is quickly understood even by young athletes and easy to use in competition.
3.1 OVERCOMING NERVOUSNESS
3.2 GET MORE CONFIDENCE
3.3 FOCUS & CONCENTRATION
- After watching the first video in week 3, you will have the ultimate mental strategy that transforms performance anxiety to channeled energy in less than 10 seconds.
- How to build confidence from scratch, even if you haven’t won anything yet.
- Ever see your young athlete grieving over a loss or mistake for far too long?
- This week will give you the ability to quickly pull them out of it.
- Four world-class athlete stories to teach young athletes that focus and concentration are the keys to winning and must be worked on like any other skill.
- A life-changing exercise that will teach you how to call up excitement, desire, focus, pride, passion and heart on demand.
- 4 exercises to improve focus and concentration that can be done during TV commercials or whenever kids have a minute or two to spare.
4.1 BENEFITTING FROM PRE-PERFORMANCE ROUTINES
4.2 PREPARE FOR PRESSURE
4.3 EFFECTIVE GOAL SETTING
- How to use the power of pre-performance routines to trigger “playing unconsciously” and get into the zone.
- The importance of high-level nutrition and hydration.
- Ideas for how to prepare for pressure and distraction in your practice and training sessions.
- All elite athletes set goals. Most coaches and parents are missing key components in guiding kids to setting goals that actually turn into reality.
- How to make drills more interesting, more fun, and more effective for skill MASTERY and to develop discipline.
- Winners win in advance. Learn 4 techniques to train your mind to track onto winning like a heat-seeking missile.
5.1 CLEANING UP THE NEGATIVE SELF TALK
5.2 HOW TO FEEL OK AFTER MISTAKES
- Copying a Super Bowl MVP’s tactic to eliminate negative thinking.
- World’s most successful athletes teach your kid how to make positive self-talk a habit.
- Clearing out 2 of the most destructive words from an athletes language that act like a ball and chain and they’re not what you think.
- How to take mental stories of failures and mistakes and turn them into opportunities and motivation.
- Discover my most powerful tool to clear out all old mental baggage from the past and keep yourself clear with this week’s guided visualization.
6.1 HOW THE PROS DO MENTAL PRACTICE
6.2 SPECIFICS FOR IMPROVING YOUR VISUALIZATION SKILLS
- How to get 3 hours worth of practice time in 10 minutes.
- How to speed up the healing of injuries in half the time it normally takes.
- How to fine tune any movement or skill even if it happens too fast to control it.
- Visualization doesn’t necessarily mean you “see” anything. Here’s how to do it right now, even if you aren’t very visual.
- Most people give up on mental rehearsal and visualization after they fail to get benefits, because they don’t follow the 3 most important rules that we teach in this section.
7.1 PERFORMING WELL WHEN YOU FEEL BAD
7.2 SIX STEPS TO MOVING PAST DIFFICULT EMOTIONS
- Signature 6-step process for being able to deal with any difficult emotion in any situation for the rest of his life. This builds huge confidence!
- How to put a stop to the endless loop of “why did this have to happen to me” after such traumas as injuries and major losses.
- Find out why these four words: “It’s an AND world” could be the most important lessons your child could ever learn. Discover how an “AND world” can bring them through the heaviest pressure in competition with flying colors.
- Fear is at the heart of all athlete’s mental problems. Athletes discover how to become fearless so they are able to play their sport all out.
8.1 CREATE THE “MAGIC” THAT COACHES LOOK FOR
8.2 ADOPTING THE CHAMPION’S SECRET: DETERMINATION
- Athletes learn “Getting Height” in order to see things from a bigger perspective so they don’t take things personally. This helps deal with difficult coaches, teammates and opponents.
- Get the magic coaches are always looking for by using reframing techniques.
- Tap into determination, a solid work ethic and “heart” to make them unstoppable!
- 5 powerful steps to take before competition to get into a peak performance flow.
- This week’s guided visualization teaches athletes to stay in their bubble of confidence.
With this training, your athletes will have a POWERFUL tool kit to help them succeed today and in the future!
If you want to learn some of the tactics Craig uses, all you have to do is enter your email below and click “sign me up!”
Become a referral partner and earn commissions. Click here to learn more.
Craig Sigl, the Mental Toughness Trainer