Click Here For Fearless Competitor Full Training
There is only two things in life that we do fear for. Notice that I say, “we do fear”. Fear is not a noun, it is actually a verb because it is something that we do and if it is something that we do, it is something that we can NOT do as well.
PERFORMANCE = POTENTIAL – INTERFERENCE
You will perform to your potential when you get rid of the interference.
There’s two kinds of interference
And there’s only two kinds of fear:
- Physical harm and danger to the body – this pertains to the literal pain, getting physically hurt, and ultimately fearing death.
- Emotion – this includes all other fear
So the only two things in life that we do fear for are EMOTIONS and PHYSICAL HARM AND DANGER TO THE BODY.
What if I can teach you how to not be afraid of your emotions?
It starts with the question, “What are emotions?” This is where we begin. There is a very good reason why we get emotions. I ask people and it’s very rare for somebody to come up with the correct answer.
What’s the purpose of emotions?
- Emotions are your guidance system for your beliefs, programs, and values.
- Emotions are what keep you on track for what’s important to you.
- Emotions are nothing more than chemical releases that we have in our body that our unconscious mind releases to tell you something.
- Emotion are internal communication to let you know how you’re doing in your world right now.
“The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.” Franklin D. Roosevelt, US president during WWII
So I’m going to convince you that all emotions are good. You want them. Bring them on. And if I can do that, then you won’t do fear of emotions, and even fear of fear! The only thing left will be fear of physical harm and danger which will be addressed in the next part of this article.
I’m Craig Sigl,
Your Mental Toughness Trainer