This subject of consistency is something I have worked on for myself for many years and led me to develop my mental training product Break 80 Without Practice.
Welcome to the Mental Toughness Academy! I’m Craig Sigl, the Mental Toughness Trainer for youth athletes and a dedicated golfer.
I wanted to share with you in this video one of the important lessons I teach about the mental side of the game…how to create a preshot routine…
What does it take to tap into your automatic golfer and become totally consistent?
How to create a preshot routine for high school golfers
These are the highlights from video. To learn more watch the video!
1.Make sure you have a purpose for everything in your pre shot routine. What that means is include the following the elements:
- Switch from one mode to the other
- Assess the conditions
- Pick a small target
- Visualize the shot
- Swing key
- Trigger to end it and begin the swing
2. Mastering your emotions. (I will be writing more on this in this blog here. I’ll let you know in email when ready.)
4. Purposeful practicing – isolating problems and using drills to ingrain new habits one at a time.
5. Using your Focus abilities sparingly and intensely when needed.
6. Connecting to your unconscious regularly and often
I would love to hear about what has worked for you in your preshot routines in the comments below! Please be sure to “like” this video at the end and share it with your other golfing friends.
Here’s a link to part 2 of this series: Golf pre shot routine
Craig Sigl, Mental Toughness Trainer