Need a dose of sports motivation?
Here are your Top 30 mental toughness quotes:
30. Sport teaches you character. It teaches you to play by the rules. It teaches you to know what it feels like to win and lose – it teaches you about life. – Billie Jean King
29. When you’re riding, only the race in which you’re riding is important.
28. I hated every minute of training, but I said: ‘don’t quit!’ Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion. – Muhammad Ali
27. Most people give up just when they’re about to achieve success. They quit on the one yard line. They give up at the last minute of the game one foot from a winning touchdown. – Ross Perot
26. You have to do something in your life that is honorable and not cowardly if you are to live in peace with yourself. – Larry Brown
25. I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. – Michael Jordan
24. Football is football and talent is talent. But the mindset of your team makes all the difference. – Robert Griffin
23. Sports do not build character – they reveal it.
22. One man practicing sportsmanship is far better than 50 preaching it.
21. Finding good players is easy. Getting them to play as a team is another story. – Casey Stengel
20. Success is where preparation and opportunity meet.
19. Never give up, never give in, and when the upper hand is ours, may we have the ability to handle the win with the dignity that we absorbed the loss.
18. An athlete cannot run with money in his pockets. He must run with hope in his heart and dreams in his head.
17. Age is no barrier. It’s a limitation you put on your mind.
16. It’s not the will to win that matters – everyone has that. It’s the will to prepare to win that matters.
15. The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person’s determination.
14. What makes something special is not just what you have to gain, but what you feel there is to lose.
13. A trophy carries dust. Memories last forever.
12. The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning.
11. Leadership, like coaching, is fighting for the hearts and souls of men and getting them to believe in you.
10. You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
9. Always make a total effort, even when the odds are against you.
8. You can motivate by fear, and you can motivate by reward. But both those methods are only temporary. The only lasting thing is self-motivation.
7. Without self-discipline, success is impossible. Period.
6. Do you know what my favorite part of the game is? The opportunity to play.
5. Push yourself again and again. Don’t give an inch until the final buzzer sounds. – Larry Bird
4. Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
3. I’ve learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.
2. A champion is someone who gets up when he can’t.
1. You’re never a loser until you quit trying.